Thursday, December 23, 2010

Living in Minneapolis



My first few months living in Minneapolis have been an adventure. My husband and I love living in our little corner of S. Mpls. We have our favorite pizzeria (that is conveniently located on our same block), walk around my favorite Lake Harriet and generally quite enjoy our side-by-side bungalow.




This is my first experience living on an alley. I give my daily update at work in the AM as to how difficult getting out of my semi-plowed alley was, if I got stuck, and how many at people at the bus stop (located at the top of the alley) watched me struggle out in my front-wheel drive car. I don't really care to live on an alley, ever again.




Tom and I took on shoveling duties traded for lower rent. We've figured out that we're probably earning below minimum wage at the rate the snow is falling. I don't think we'll take on shoveling duties next place. I have such fond memories of shoveling with my dad and siblings growing up. We often couldn't wait until the snow stopped and would shovel at night in the snow. It was so much fun! I assumed my husband would find it equally fun. He does not, but indulges me just the same. He must really love me.



photos from weheartit.com


No comments:

Post a Comment